Have you owned a Jon boat that needs cover? Or, are you thinking about purchasing the best Jon boat cover? Then this article is for you. A boat cover can prevent your lovable Jon from UV rays, snow, and rainfall. And, Make sure the hands-off of them who wants your Jon and its accessories unethically.
For protecting your loving Jon boat, it is purchasing a cover that makes a wall between.
- 1 3 of the best Jon Boat Cover Discussion
- 2 1. GOODSMANN Marine Grade Jon Boat Covers:
- 3 Features:
- 4 Pros:
- 5 Cons:
- 6 2. Dallas Manufacturing 300D Jon Boat Cover:
- 7 Features:
- 8 Pros:
- 9 Cons:
- 10 3. iCOVER Jon Boat Cover Water Proof Heavy Duty Trailerable:
- 11 Features:
- 12 Pros:
- 13 Cons:
- 14 How To Choose Best Jon Boat Cover?
- 15 Measurement:
- 16 Ventilation:
- 17 Tightening Set up:
- 18 Supporting the Boat Cover:
- 19 Weather Protected material:
- 20 Re-inforced Fabric:
- 21 Purchase Quality Cover:
- 22 Manufacturer Warranty:
- 23 Best CHEAP Jon Boat Cover reviews
- 24 FAQ
- 25 How do I protect my boat cover?
- 26 Can you wash canvas boat covers?
- 27 Final Words
3 of the best Jon Boat Cover Discussion
The boat covers I am going to discuss with you will work with every boat-making company like Alumacraft, Harbor Master, Alweld, Polar Kraft, Smokercraft, Ranger, Xpress, Tracker, G3, Bass Lund. The below boat covers that I found one of the best for all standard size boats and budget-friendly through my observation.
Goodman manufacturing some of the kind of good stuff for Jon Boat accessories. Goodman boat covers come with 300 deniers marine-grade fabrics. These covers are available with lengths 12, 14, 16 to 18 foot and width 56, 70, 75 inches. Its average weight is light about 7.5 pounds (approx.).
- The lightweight polyester fabrics offer durability, reflection, and water resistance. Make you feel less worried about mildew.
- It is a double stitching boat cover with UV protection materials. Protect your Jon from rain and snow.
- Including fabric reinforcement panels under bow, stern, windshield, and other strong stress points.
- The cover’s buckle and adjustable straps provide a good tight fit to secure your boat.
- You are offered straps, a storage bag, rope with a modest warranty.
- The zipper is almost halfway long. So you can easily slide the boat cover in your Jon boat or Kayak cover or Canoe.
- It offers a very good wrap-up to be tightened by a cord or strap.
- Air vents reduce wind pressure and water pooling.
- Quality materials provide high longevity.
- Fabric reinforcement allows for easy installation and quick release.
- Fit to the 2-seated 14-foot boat with a deck-mounted trolling motor.
- Available for all standard dimensions with a sound fit.
- Problem covering a boat with a side steering console.
- A little smaller to cover a 16 ft Lowe Jon boat.
The Dallas boat covers are available for any kind of universal Jon boat length with width. The boat covers are made of 300 Deniers polyester, waterproof heavy-duty products. They offer you a decent warranty from 3 years to 5 years depending on size and pricing. It weighs 8.3 pounds.
- These boat covers are double stitching to provide strengthening at the bow and stern sides.
- It gives reinforced fabrics web loops at the tie-down area including trailering straps.
- Fits perfectly with the right universal dimension that is offered. Some users find it difficult to fit over 16-foot length Jon boat’s outboard motors. You may need a separate cover for this.
- The cover fits the boat as described because of its tie straps and trailering straps. So, users have to less worry about the question of how to prevent water from collecting and pooling in your boat cover.
- In winter and rain, tough water-resistant.
- Good fit to cover a flat, square boat.
- Allows fine protection to cover up tightening.
- Cover water resistance quality is super.
- Sun exposure is a matter to be concerned about.
- Might not be a perfect fit for different Jon boat ideas.
iCover boat covers offer 12 to 18 feet Jon boat with up to 75 inches width. It is made of 300 Deniers PU coated Marine Grade waterproof cover polyester fabric with black, blue, grey color. Its average weight is almost 7.1 pounds.
- The cover offers UV protection with adjustable straps.
- Double stitching reinforcement cover ensures the strength at the stress points to be tightened.
- It is tear-resistant. That is the special benefit of using this cover. It is a quality manual.
- Adjustable strap and decent trailering cords allow an easy installation and quick release.
- The features are quite the same as the Goodman boat cover. It offers high durability.
- The straps were very long. So people have plenty to put around the boat and on front and back to cover the boat pleasantly.
- It comes with a 12-month money-back warranty offer.
- Offer a large storage bag and tie-down straps.
- Well fitted to an 18-foot longboat.
- Problem due to quality, money-back warranty.
- Works pretty well in that range of pricing.
- The customer service is excellent.
- Double stitching makes the boat cover long-lasting.
- Covers have some problems with UV rays and water proof.
- Water polling problem creating an issue sometimes.
How To Choose Best Jon Boat Cover?
You are already own a boat? If yes, then you get the thought of purchasing a fine boat cover. Because we must have to store the boat or cover on the outside. So, it is essential to cover up with a good one to ensure protection. Then how to choose the best boat cover according to your Jon boat ideas?
Before going to buy a boat cover, measure your boat first. Find out again the accurate dimension of your boat. Don’t depend on the manual. Check the centerline length, beam length. If you have made some additional setups, keep their measurement also. Your customization might need some kind of custom Jon boat covers.
You should go for a boat cover which has a proper air vents system. It will keep off water from your Jon boat cover by built-in design.
Tightening Set up:
Try to realize what kind of cover tightening setup can keep your cover-up tight. Because water can not stand over a flat surface. The perfect tightening of your cover will generally reduce the water pooling problem. The above three boat covers offer you a very good tight fit.
Supporting the Boat Cover:
If you have to keep your boat outside cover on, then you should place support inside the boat. The supports help to cover your Jon boat seats if they are in an upright position. It helps to keep the cover flat, tight, straight. And, stop pooling water and snow over the boat cover. It will help the air vents.
Weather Protected material:
Find the marine canvas or heavy-duty polyester. That will work as a shield against mildew and harmful UV rays. It senses some guarantee of prolonging cover life. I recommend going with 300 Denier or above. You can consider Goodsmann or Dallas manufacturing boat covers in that case.
If you are having an outboard motor, it is wise to look for a re-inforced fabric. Otherwise, you have to buy an extra cover for the outboard motor. You may go for a longer cover than your boat length in that case. The extra allows you to cover up if there is an outboard console that exists. Some boat covers are coming with an extra motor hood in the market. iCover or Goodsmann might be considered.
Purchase Quality Cover:
Do not go for a cheap boat cover, you’ll ending up buying twice or thrice. There are many available cheap covers like Classic accessories Jon boat covers (It is best for under 10-foot long boat).
The cover company that believes in their product gives a warranty. It may be 1 year to 5 years. The warranty gives the product trustworthiness. You should go with a cover which allows a 3 to 5 years warranty. The above 3 covers fill this criterion.
Best CHEAP Jon Boat Cover reviews
How do I protect my boat cover?
Always try to keep off water/snow from your boat cover. Use supporting poles, straps, or chords for preventing water pooling. Keep regular cleaning with a bristle brush to loosen dirt and soft dust. When need to trailering, use adjustable straps. Try to no use of bungee cords. Pay attention when you cover your boat. Aware of the depth finder, windshield, and trolling motors when covering. When it is needed to wash canvas, do it.
Can you wash canvas boat covers?
Canvas boat covers are no hard to clean. You can remove gentle dirt and debris off with a soft brush and clear it with flowing water. You may use lukewarm water or mild soap as a cleaning solution for high-strain dirt. But do not go for a machine wash. It may damage your canvas badly that you might look for a new one!
Jon boat is generally used for hunting waterfowl and fishing. Many people customize their Jon boats to enjoy a fresh time on the water. They usually look upon Jon boat accessories like Jon boat seats, covers, and some more things. There are 3 basic types of Jon boat covers custom, semi-custom, and universal/standard.
The three best boat covers I have discussed here, all are suitable for standard/universal Jon boats. Custom Jon boat covers cost you high. Go for the best Jon boat cover that suits your needs, demand, and wallet.
If you are having any hesitation still now, the buying tips are just on the above.