Top 3 Best waterproof Jon Boat Covers – Ultimate Buying Guide for 2023
Have you owned a Jon boat that needs cover? Or, are you thinking about purchasing the best Jon boat cover? Then this article is for you. A boat cover can prevent your lovable Jon from UV rays, snow, and rainfall. And, Make sure the hands-off of those who want your Jon and its accessories unethically.
For protecting your loving Jon boat, it is purchasing a cover that makes a wall between.
Quick Review with Comparison Table
|Image||Product Title||Top Feature||Price|
|GOODSMANN Marine Grade Jon Boat Covers||Color
Model B, 14ft Length, Beam Width to 70 inches
|Check Latest Price|
|iCOVER Jon Boat Cover Water Proof Heavy Duty Trailerable||Color
Water Resistance Level
|Check Latest Price|
|Dallas Manufacturing 300D Jon Boat Cover||Material
Water Resistance Level
|Check Latest Price|
- 1 Best Jon Boat Cover Reviews
- 2 1. GOODSMANN Marine Grade Jon Boat Covers:
- 3 Features:
- 4 Pros:
- 5 Cons:
- 6 2. iCOVER Jon Boat Cover Water Proof Heavy Duty Trailerable: (best editor choice )
- 7 Features:
- 8 Pros:
- 9 Cons:
- 10 3. Dallas Manufacturing 300D Jon Boat Cover: (12-foot to 14-foot covers)
- 11 Features:
- 12 Pros:
- 13 Cons:
- 14 How To Choose the Best Jon Boat Cover – Buying guide
- 15 Measurement:
- 16 Ventilation:
- 17 Tightening Set up:
- 18 Supporting the Boat Cover:
- 19 Weather Protected material:
- 20 Reinforced Fabric:
- 21 Purchase Quality Cover:
- 22 Manufacturer Warranty:
- 23 Is A Cheap Jon Boat Cover Worth
- 24 FAQ
- 25 How do I protect my boat cover?
- 26 Can you wash canvas boat covers?
- 27 Most trusted Jon boat cover brands?
- 28 Final Words
Best Jon Boat Cover Reviews
The boat covers I am going to discuss with you will work with every boat-making company like Alumacraft, Harbor Master, Alweld, Polar Kraft, Smokercraft, Ranger, Xpress, Tracker, G3, Bass Lund, etc. From my observation, the boat covers below are some of the best for all standard-size boats and are budget-friendly.
1. GOODSMANN Marine Grade Jon Boat Covers:
Goodman manufactures some of the kind of good stuff for Jon Boat accessories. Goodman boat covers come with 300 deniers marine-grade fabrics. These covers are available with lengths of 12, 14, 16 to 18 feet and widths of 56, 70, and 75 inches. Its average weight is light about 7.5 pounds (approx.).
- The lightweight polyester fabrics offer durability, reflection, and water resistance. It makes you feel less worried about mildew.
- It is a double-stitched boat cover with UV protection materials. Protect your Jon from rain and snow.
- including fabric reinforcement panels under the bow, stern, windshield, and other strong stress points.
- The cover’s buckle and adjustable straps provide a good tight fit to secure your boat.
- You are offered straps, a storage bag, and a rope with a modest warranty.
- The zipper is almost halfway long. So you can easily slide the boat cover onto your Jon boat, kayak cover, or canoe.
- It offers a very good wrap-up that can be tightened by a cord or strap.
- Air vents reduce wind pressure and water pooling.
- Quality materials provide high longevity.
- Fabric reinforcement allows for easy installation and quick release.
- Fit to the 2-seated, 14-foot boat with a deck-mounted trolling motor.
- available for all standard dimensions with a sound fit.
- problem covering a boat with a side steering console.
- a little smaller to cover a 16-foot Lowe Jon boat.
2. iCOVER Jon Boat Cover Water Proof Heavy Duty Trailerable: (best editor choice )
iCover boat covers offer 12 to 18-foot Jon boats with up to 75 inches of width. It is made of 300-denier PU coated Marine Grade waterproof cover polyester fabric in black, blue, and grey. Its average weight is almost 7.1 pounds.
- The cover offers UV protection with adjustable straps.
- A double stitching reinforcement cover ensures the strength at the stress points is tightened.
- It is tear-resistant. That is the special benefit of using this cover. It is a quality manual.
- The adjustable strap and decent trailering cords allow an easy installation and quick release.
- The features are quite the same as the Goodman boat cover. It offers high durability.
- The straps were very long. So people have plenty to put around the boat and on front and back to cover the boat pleasantly.
- It comes with a 12-month money-back warranty offer.
- Offer a large storage bag and tie-down straps.
- Well fitted to an 18-foot longboat.
- Problem due to quality, money-back warranty.
- Works pretty well in that range of pricing.
- The customer service is excellent.
- Double stitching makes the boat cover long-lasting.
- The covers have some problems with UV rays and are waterproof.
- Water polling problems create an issue sometimes.
3. Dallas Manufacturing 300D Jon Boat Cover: (12-foot to 14-foot covers)
The Dallas boat covers are available for any kind of universal Jon boat length with width. The boat covers are made of 300 Deniers polyester, waterproof heavy-duty products. They offer you a decent warranty from 3 years to 5 years depending on size and pricing. It weighs 8.3 pounds.
- These boat covers have double stitching to provide strengthening at the bow and stern sides.
- It gives reinforced fabric web loops at the tie-down area, including trailering straps.
- It fits perfectly with the right universal dimension that is offered. Some users find it difficult to fit the outboard motors of over 16-foot-long Jon boats. You may need a separate cover for this.
- The cover fits the boat as described because of its tie straps and trailering straps. So, users have less to worry about the question of how to prevent water from collecting and pooling on their boat cover.
- In winter and rain, it is tough and water-resistant.
- good fit to cover a flat or square boat.
- It allows fine protection to cover up tightening.
- Cover water resistance quality is super.
- Sun exposure is a matter to be concerned about.
- It might not be a perfect fit for different Jo
How To Choose the Best Jon Boat Cover – Buying guide
Do you already own a boat? If yes, then you have the thought of purchasing a fine boat cover. Because we must have the boat stored or covered on the outside, So, it is essential to cover it up with a good one to ensure protection. Then how to choose the best boat cover according to your Jon boat ideas?
Before going to buy a boat cover, measure your boat first. Find out again the accurate dimension of your boat. Don’t depend on the manual. Check the centerline length, and beam length. If you have made some additional setups, keep their measurement also. Your customization might need some kind of custom Jon boat covers.
You should go for a boat cover that has a proper air vent system. It will keep off water from your Jon boat cover by a built-in design.
Tightening Set up:
Try to realize what kind of cover-tightening setup can keep your cover-up tight. Because water can not stand over a flat surface. The perfect tightening of your cover will generally reduce the water pooling problem. The above three boat covers offer you a very good tight fit.
Supporting the Boat Cover:
If you have to keep your boat outside cover on, then you should place support inside the boat. The supports help to cover your Jon boat seats if they are in an upright position. It helps to keep the cover flat, tight, and straight. And, stop pooling water and snow over the boat cover. It will help the air vents.
Weather Protected material:
Find marine canvas or heavy-duty polyester. That will work as a shield against mildew and harmful UV rays. It senses some guarantee of prolonging cover life. I recommend going with 300 Denier or above. You can consider Goodsmann or Dallas manufacturing boat covers in that case.
If you are having an outboard motor, it is wise to look for a reinforced fabric. Otherwise, you have to buy an extra cover for the outboard motor. You may go for a longer cover than your boat length in that case. The extra allows you to cover up if there is an outboard console that exists. Some boat covers are coming with an extra motor hood in the market. iCover or Goodsmann might be considered.
Purchase Quality Cover:
Do not go for a cheap boat cover, you’ll end up buying twice or thrice. There are many available cheap covers like Classic accessories Jon boat covers (It is best for under 10-foot long boat).
The cover company that believes in its product gives a warranty. It may be 1 year to 5 years. The warranty gives the product trustworthiness. You should go with a cover that allows a 3 to 5 years warranty. The above 3 covers fill this criterion.
Is A Cheap Jon Boat Cover Worth
How do I protect my boat cover?
Always try to keep off water/snow from your boat cover. Use supporting poles, straps, or chords for preventing water pooling. Keep regular cleaning with a bristle brush to loosen dirt and soft dust.
When needed to the trailer, use adjustable straps. Try to not use bungee cords. Pay attention when you cover your boat. Aware of the depth finder, windshield, and trolling motors when covering. When it is needed to wash canvas, do it.
Can you wash canvas boat covers?
Canvas boat covers are not hard to clean. You can remove gentle dirt and debris with a soft brush and clear it with flowing water. You may use lukewarm water or mild soap as a cleaning solution for high-strain dirt. But do not go for a machine wash. It may damage your canvas badly so you might look for a new one!
Most trusted Jon boat cover brands?
2. Classic Accessories
Jon boat is generally used for hunting waterfowl and fishing. Many people customize their Jon boats to enjoy a fresh time on the water. They usually look upon Jon boat accessories like Jon boat seats, covers, and some more things. There are 3 basic types of Jon boat covers custom, semi-custom, and universal/standard.
The three best boat covers I have discussed here, all are suitable for standard/universal Jon boats. Custom Jon boat covers cost you high. Go for the best Jon boat cover that suits your needs, demand, and wallet.
If you are having any hesitation still now, the buying tips are just on the above.
Hello, My name is Tony K. Henderson. I love to do kayaking whenever I get the time and I am very much fond of fishing too. The techniques and knowledge of being a paddler are amusing. I have shared all my knowledge about kayaking and fishing on my website. Feel free to read them and know more important things and facts about kayaking and fishing. follow me Twitter